Wednesday, December 8, 2010

December.....

I love December.There is something very festive ,warm and joyous about this month.....festive with the Christmas spirit,warm with so many houses ,shopping centres and landmarks well lit and decorated and joy in every heart ready to welcome a new year,a new beginning

December means cakes,soups,rich food,parties and celebrations.It used to be synonymous with picnics(in India)during my childhood days.This month is perfect for vacations(if you don't mind the extra weight of woollens in your luggage:))Its that time of the year when the bright silks are out and you can dress yourself up without getting all sweaty and humid.Its the time for roasted sweet potatoes and colourful caps,mugs of steaming coffee
and stylish boots,holidays with relatives and parties with friends,going out in the snow or fog and warming up in the bonfire with company or staying inside cuddled up with a blanket by the firepace reading an old favorite all by yourself.

December is special to me at my personal front too....it has given me my only lovely sibling and made me a mom for the first time.

So,here it is again and I am celebrating the month with my loved ones,wrapping up the year,thankful for all the good things that happened during the year ,remembering the souls who left for their heavenly abode before the year ended,getting ready to welcome another year with great expectations!!

No comments:

Post a Comment